Performance Appraisal Software Methods: Traditional and Modern Methods!
The more common structures include a flat organization, which is horizontal, a hierarchy, which is vertical and a matrix. Each of these structures defines a number of different ways to organize and differentiate employees and teams:
- By function, where employees are grouped by abilities or skill sets
- By division, which might refer to a particular process, industry, product, or service
- By location, which is simply a division based on where employees are physically located
1. Hierarchical (Departmental structure)
This organizational structure of a Payroll software company is better for large organizations.
- Defines responsibilities in a better manner
- Shows reporting of each person
- Gives each employee a specialty
- Can cause employees to act in interest of the department instead of the company as a whole
- It doesn’t encourage people to collaborate and share information across the reportingstructure.
2. Horizontal (Process-based structure)
- Employees get responsibility
- Improves coordination
- Increases speed of communication
- Can create a confusion as there poor handling
- Less efficient for the larger organization
Matrix structure is ideal for both talent and performance management software across the various department.
- Resources can be used efficiently as they can be used in various project
- It can give efficient information exchange
- Give a dynamic view of the organization
- Complexity increases in project management
- Keeping the report of employees gets confusing