Interesting Facts about Quartz
Quartz, the second most commonly found mineral on Earth, is used across various industries for numerous reasons. It is a hard mineral, stubborn and sturdy with various hues and colours. Let us share some interesting facts about Quartz with you:
- Quartz gets various names due to the varied range of colours it comes in. Pink coloured Quartz is considered quite precious and is known as Rose Quartz while purple coloured Quartz is called Amethyst. Yellow and orange hues give it the name of Citrine. Some Quartz crystals scatter light (known as the Tyndall’s Effect) giving it a blue appearance.
- Brazil houses lines that produce the largest Quartz. The largest Quartz mined in Brazil weight 90,000 lbs.
- When pressurized Quartz can conduct electricity. Due to this it founds use in various industries. This gives it the name piezoelectric. It is used in various electronic devices too.
- Due to its clarity, resonance and vibrancy, Quartz is considered as a spiritual mineral in various cultures and is used various spiritual practices like meditation.
- Quartz is used in time pieces due to its accurate oscillations. Quartz clocks are more accurate than mechanical clocks.
- Clarity of Quartz leads to its use in glass making.
- Quartz is made up of Silicon and Oxygen. Since it contains silicon, Quartz is used in the internal parts of computer.
Palash Minerals is the leading supplier and exporter of high Quality Quartz. Due to our strict quality check procedures and dedicated process mechanisms, we are one of the most reputed Quartz manufacturers in India.
Palash minerals is also a renowned Quartz Powder Manufacturer in India. Call us now!
Mobile No.: 8003111855
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org